The City of Dauphin’s Tax Preauthorized Payment Plan is a service offered to taxpayers wishing to make monthly tax payments on their property taxes.
You are eligible for this program if…
- Your tax account is not in arrears
- Your taxes are not already paid through a mortgage company
- You have completed a Tax Preauthorized Payment Plan application form
- Added taxes and supplemental tax bills are not eligible for this service
How it works
- Customers choosing to join this program will have 12 monthly payments automatically drawn on or about the 15th of each month from their account. The monthly payment drawn for the months August to June will be equal to 1/12 of their prior year’s taxes. July’s payment will equal the balance due on the account.
- In the initial year of participation, the monthly payment will equal one divided by number of payments remaining to July 15th. July’s payment will still equal the balance due on the account.
Taxpayer signs up for service on November 28, 2021.
2021 taxes - $2,400.00
2022 taxes - $2,700.00 (determined Spring 2022)
2023 taxes - $2,500.00 (determined Spring 2023)
- Monthly payment December 2021 to June 2022 = $300.00/month ($2,400.00 divided by 8 months remaining to July 15th, 2022)
- Monthly payment July 15th, 2022 = $600.00 (2022 tax balance remaining)
The taxpayer made 7 payments (December through June) of $300.00 and 1 payment of $600.00 for a total of $2,700.00 (amount of 2022 taxes).
- Monthly payments for August 2022 to June 2023 = $225.00/month ($2,700.00/12 months)
- Monthly payment on July 15th, 2023 = $25.00 (2023 tax balance remaining)
The taxpayer made 11 payments (August through June) of $225.00 and 1 payment of $25.00 for a total of $2,500.00 (amount of 2023 taxes)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I sign up?
Please click here to find the form on our Form Directory!
What if I sell my property or choose to discontinue the service?
It is the owner’s responsibility to notify the City if they are moving and/or choose to discontinue the service. The City requires two weeks notice to discontinue the service. It is the owner’s responsibility to notify their lawyer of a potential credit on their tax account to ensure proper adjustments are made at time of sale.
Do I need to complete a separate application form for each property?
Yes, if you own multiple properties, a separate application form needs to be completed for each property.
Can I set my payment amounts and payment dates?
No, the City will determine the monthly payment amount based on your prior year’s taxes. This amount is withdrawn from your account on or about the 15th of each month.
Are there fees for this service?
The City does not charge a fee for this service. Standard NSF fees will apply for payments returned by your bank and your privilege to use this service may be suspended.